Bandung Book-hunt

3/05/2016 01:07:00 AM

Embrace yourself because holiday is over and now back to reality. It has been two weeks since the semester break and I haven't wrote any holiday-oriented post. To mend my longing for holiday, I'll write a post or two narrating what it was all about.

This time is about my secondhand book-hunt in Bandung. The true purpose actually was just visiting (and cleaning up) my apartment back in Cimbeuluit, Bandung with my parents, then serendipity happened. Just before a turn from my apartment, there was a tiny store with a board screamed for me. I looked it up from my car's window and the board says "Reading Lights: Secondhand Bookshop and Coffee Corner".

It is a tiny store in a far spot from the central of the city. I instantly fangirled for awhile and begged my parents to visit it. And that was the start of me searching more places like that in the little city which brought me to these:

1. Reading Lights
As you can see, Reading Lights is very cozy and warm, just like your grandmother's old house, but in a good way. I was finishing "Mr. Penumbra's 24-hours Bookstore" that time and somehow it reminded me of that book. I wish I was in a magical bookstore which hold the ultimate answer of the whole universe hayyahh, but no it isn't, thankfully. The book collection is pretty huge and in a perfect condition. I bought three secondhand-flawless books: Waiting fo Godot by Irish writer, bazpierce's favorite, Samuel Beckett, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot by David Shafer, and Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw.

And the coffee corner, I bought hot Americano as usual, and guess what I saw next on the menu, Neil Gaiman Coffee. Unfortunately the stock was empty that day. Take me there again and Iwe'll drink Neil Gaiman Coffee together for sure.

2. Kineruku
The hip place in Hegarmanah, Bandung with Instagram bio: "Library Book-Music-Film Shop Cafe", how can I resist? 

Kineruku has a big collection of book and edition, but unfortunately you cannot buy them. It's basically like a library, you can only rental books. However, there's a limited amount of book hat was available for buying. I bought a vintage article about Oscar Wilde's work, one of my favorite writer of all time and Banda Neira's album. Kineruku also has a comfy cafe spot where you can drink coffee while reading, having me time, finishing your work, or just catching up with friends.

Beside the store there is a vintage merchandise shop (photo one) which is very artsy, it's called "Garasi Opa". It sells display, decoration and merchandise related to your mother or even your grandmother's year, yeah it is that vintage and interesting. 

3. Omuniuum
The last bookstore that I visit in Bandung, Omuniuum. It is also that close to my apartment and in a pretty strategic place in front of Parahyangan University. It is located at the second floor of Circle K. You'd never know there could be a place like this at the top of a minimarket, aye?

The book collection is not so big, it's only a few shelf beneath a wall like the photo. Probably because it focuses on selling Indie music album and its merchandise too. Yes, it is the place where a music god hang out and buy some CDs. I didn't buy anything from the bookstore, but I adore the music store so much.

0 Comment(s)

Comment here