A Very Potter Senior Year (and the new announcement)

3/16/2013 07:44:00 PM


The wait is finally over. A Very Potter Senior Year is uploaded on their YouTube channel. After waiting seven months since the actual show was premiered at LeakyCon 2012, the annual Harry Potter convention that took place in Chicago. And three months since the script and soundtrack released. This finale of A Very Potter saga is successfully made StarKids sobbing for saying goodbye to our beloved Harry Potter and friends.

Inspite of there's no other Harry Potter things left, we're gonna lose Darren as Harry Potter, Joe Walker as Voldemort, Joey Ritcher as Ron Weasley, and many more. It's kinda hard to leave that kind of thing, especially when it has been with you since four years ago.

Because like what I've said in my post before, that Team Starkid has successfully made three musicals that capture the essence of Harry Potter and made it a totally awesome feel-good comedy musical with a heart. And it's hard to think that there will be no feeling similar to that again. Maybe you can re-watch it over and over like what I did to AVPM and AVPS. But when you know it's over, when you know there's no more journey of Harry Potter, it'll be very mournful.

Sad, but also happy. We're very glad to watch StarKid actors came back together in Chicago and made a threequel that StarKids fans craved since two years ago. With new catchy and beautiful numbers, and an Oscar-worthy act (believe me, Voldemort's dramatic death deserves an Oscar), we're really fascinated by A Very Potter Senior Year. It's a very well-composition musical with only two days of rehearsals.

A Very Potter Senior Year is about Harry Potter's senior year in Hogwarts. The very last time they're going to Hogwarts. Harry’s last year at Hogwarts and his diminishing recognition now that he’s older and that newer things are replacing him. Like the new teacher who's a best-selling author, Gilderoy Lockhart.

I've read the script before, the story is unpredictable and the ending is so perfect. They brought things from the previous musicals, which makes us nostalgia about it. And I couldn't hold my tears when it ends, and when Snape gave his speech to Harry about sacrifice. It's okay to cry. Okay is wonderful (this quote literally makes a lot of feels).

June Saito, the costume designer for Holy Musical B@man, is held charge for the costume on this show. And it's totally awesome as always. I love how Young Tom Riddle look, with the blazer of Slytherin, and blond wig. Joe Walker is still as attractive as he's shirtless.

Three months ago Nick Lang (the writer) told us to read the script and listen to the album first, then watch the show. Which I did, and I'm very glad that I read the script first, because there are so many interesting scenes that was cutted from the real show.

My favorite numbers for this musical are When I Was, Everything Ends, Sidekick, and Senior Year. They're not only catchy, but also have beautiful meanings. But these form of songs was quite different from the first and sequel, even though some old songs is played back. Darren didn't write any new song for this show. So, it makes a slight different style in musical numbers.

And the best of the show is when I recognized every references they made. And most of them, is my favorite. Like they made reference from a famous musical, West Side Story, when Voldemort and the gangs first appear. They also made Deathnote reference. I couldn't believe they actually know Deathnote. And there are more references that I challenge you to guess, and write it on the comment below.

The unique thing is there's this trailer that placed between the video which directly caught my breath. It's an announcement trailer of their new musical, TWISTED: The Untold Story about a Royal Vizier. The poster, and the title font is very similar with Tony-Award winning musical (and my favorite musical), Wicked. So it's obviously a parody melding of Disney’s Aladdin and the Broadway famous musical, Wicked.

It premiers on July 2013 in Chicago (but I live in Narnia, why). I'm still not sure whether the show is free, and they will upload it to YouTube or not. But I'm very glad they made something for us to looking forward, that made me feel not so empty after went through a goodbye. The next thing we could do is moving on, and it doesn't make us not love it any less.

0 Comment(s)

Comment here